A destination wedding in Jamaica is something that dreams are made of. There can be nothing more romantic or more beautiful than getting married on a beautiful sandy Jamaican beach. Jamaica’s cascading waterfalls, soft powdery beaches, foliage-covered mountains and brightly covered flowers make Jamaica the perfect Caribbean destination for your destination wedding.
Lovers getting married in Jamaica can choose from a traditional church wedding or a romantic sunset beach wedding on white sandy beaches. Enjoy beautiful large beaches or chose a smaller cove to relax and enjoy your wedding day. Jamaica is the perfect place to celebrate your wedding with fantastic views of the Caribbean sea.
Wedding Requirements & Required Documents
- Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
- Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and have a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.
- French Canadians need a notarized translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents.
- Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not expect you take a blood test before getting married.
Marriage Fees in Jamaica
- The cost of a license is 4000 Jamaican dollars which is approximately US$60–US$65.
- Marriage Officers charge anywhere from US$50–US$250.
Additional Wedding Information for Jamaica
There are non-denominational Jamaican Marriage Officers who can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a place chosen by the couple getting married. Jamaican Marriage Officers are able to provide witnesses, if necessary.
Visitors can be married just 24 hours after arriving in Jamaica, providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.
Some hotels in Jamaica will make all arrangements for you. Special package prices include performance of the ceremony, tax, transportation costs and expenses incurred, plus any other special requests (wedding cake, etc.). Check with your hotel, as these packages vary.
For more information contact:
Ministry of Justice
2 Oxford Road
NCB Towers, 10th floor/South Tower
Tel: +(876)-906-4923 ext:31 fax +(876)-906-1712-3
Office Hours: Monday to Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm, Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm